So you are looking at the monthly events in your local community calendar and wondering who would be the most appropriate teacher for this metaphysical journey that you have embarked upon. Confusion reigns as the choices seem overwhelming and a number of questions run through your mind. “How do I pick the right teacher?” “Will it be the one teaching the coolest, new course? The cheapest or the one that is the most expensive?” “Should I choose the teacher who looks worst dressed, best dressed, or most exotic in their photo?”
There are individuals, groups, cults and organizations teaching different aspects of metaphysics, spirituality and spiritual systems all over the planet. How can you tell who is real and who is not? What qualifications do you need to become a metaphysical or spiritual teacher? Many teachers seem self – appointed in the West without much experience or training, while in eastern traditions it usually takes several years of intense study to achieve a master or teacher status. There are some programs in the U.S. that require certain standards and course study completion to be certified as having mastered a particular course of metaphysical or spiritual study. But how do you know if your teacher is certified? How do you know if your teacher is “walking their talk“?
A true teacher wants to empower you to rediscover all of your innate gifts and abilities including remembering all the spiritual knowledge you already have, but have not yet accessed. A true metaphysical instructor will be the one who teaches YOU to “be the channel” for your own self rather than constantly trying to distract you with past-life entertainment or “wow” you with their psychic or medium-ship abilities. There is certainly a time and place where past-life regression may be useful in one’s personal journey to find greater understanding of a specific issue.However, we often find ‘gurus’ using it as a curiosity to attract new customers or followers.
We suggest that you consider the following when you are looking for a serious metaphysical or spiritual teacher:
1. What are the teacher’s qualifications? Do they have a certification or degree from an accredited school? Do they have a divinity degree or a degree in metaphysics? Although certification and ‘degree’ is not the most important thing. Lineage through contact with someone with advanced understanding or with someone who truly has gone within to obtain that is revealed when someone truly ‘walks their talk’. The masters had lineage and often trained with other masters before them – even the most well-known avatars reached their enlightened status after training in the Ancient Mystery or Wisdom Schools of their era; and learning to meditate and go within to the tiny space in the sacred space of the heart to hear the ‘still small voice within’.
2. If they offer hypnotherapy or spiritual counseling, do they have training in counseling such as a Doctorate, Masters Degree or Read More→
If we have done our job properly in raising our children, each child should eventually one day fly from the nest and out into the world to create wondrous independent lives, relationships and experiences of their own. While it is easy to understand this intellectually and logically, it is a bittersweet moment in the lives of parent and child alike. At the moment that a child leaves for college or moves away from home due to job or marriage/relationship, something irrevocably energetically changes in the parent-child relationship. The young vulnerable prince or princess that was born into your life is now a self-sufficient young adult with talents and gifts to share out in the world as they learn more about who they are through their relationships with others away from parental influence. Yes, things will never be the same… for child or parent.
When a child leaves home for college or other reasons, it is natural for parents to experience a mixture of emotions: pride at their child’s accomplishments, anxiety over their child’s safety in the world at large, joy and wonder to see their child spread their wings to fly, sadness over a sense of loss of nearness of a loved one, and occasional overwhelming rushes of bittersweet emotions as you reminisce over your child’s major milestones in life (birth, learning to walk, first day in kindergarten, learning to ride a bike, birthday celebrations, accomplishments, graduations, etc).
Young adults also have their own mix of emotions over making the transition from home to college or self-sufficiency. It is common for children leaving home to experience excitement over anticipated new experiences and friendships, fear of possible failure, angst over being away from parents who have been their in support of them emotionally and financially, sadness over distance from and loss of siblings/friends/significant others, and thirst/desire for knowledge or expanding their talents/gifts.
What can be done to ease the transition for both parent, young adult and siblings as the nest becomes less crowded?
Tips to Ease the Stress of ‘Empty Nest Syndrome’: Read More→
A Psychologist’s Near-Death Experience
and Journeys into the Mystical
Kathy J. Forti, Ph.D.
Dr. Forti gives us an illuminating peek behind the scenes of her personal life story, spiritual evolution and metaphysical journey toward the development of the Trinfinity8 device, a tool for spiritual ascension that affects each person uniquely where they are on their own path of spiritual evolution. Through a series of potentially traumatic life events that included sexual assault, near death experiences and a multitude of barriers to creating her transformative device, Kathy persevered and grew by leaps and bounds in insight toward her life’s Purpose of awakening global consciousness.
This book is a must-read for anyone who desires an inspirational read about how to overcome obstacles, see the bigger picture, and learn how to trust in their own inner wisdom against a multitude of odds. This book is an adventure where Kathy goes deeply into her journey of contact with multidimensional beings who desire to assist the human race to lift the veil of human suffering. She explains in simple terms the codes and algorithms ultimately involved in healing on all levels. All in all this book is a fascinating read that keeps you eagerly turning the pages to learn more.
If you are interested in purchasing a Trinfinity 8 please contact us at: email@example.com
“The Shift Doctors”
Come join in the fun!!!!
Why did Shift Your Life® choose to be the sole event sponsor for SHIFT Charlotte 2014? On the Ides of March – a date (since the death of Julius Caesar) so cloaked in doom it eventually entered the lexicon as a metaphor for impending catastrophe?
We believe that 2014 will be the greatest opportunity for Shift-ing (personal, physical, emotional, business, spiritual, and global consciousness) that we have seen in decades. SHIFT Charlotte is the largest local Charlotte event (and largest in the region) dedicated solely to health, well being and natural living. The fact that it is being held on the Ides of March this year to us symbolizes that it is time for the “death” of old constructs that have held many people, groups and communities in stagnant, self-limiting beliefs and behavior patterns. You will truly find no better time to Shift!
As SHIFT Charlotte 2014 Event Sponsor, we will have our own Shift Your Life® Room with activities and events going on there ALL day on Saturday, March 15th from 9am until 5pm! Both Dr.’s Tracy Latz and Marion Ross will be on site all day with assistants to answer questions, teach, design a T8 program for you, do entreprenuerial coaching, and give mini-seminars throughout the day (on quick tools and tips for Anti-Aging, Stress Reduction, and Self-Healing using Ancient Energetic Tools to name a few).
We plan to have different stations in our Shift Your Life® Room dedicated to your personal experience:
1. Biophotonic Scanner as seen on the Dr. Oz show – the scanner has been called by Dr. Oz “The Ultimate Lie Detector” to monitor your antioxidant level, nutritional status, and to see if your supplements/vitamins are being absorbed or are actually working. Here is the youtube link to the Dr. Oz show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdzWV9Df4AY . We will scan people (takes two minutes) on site and give them immediate results for a $10 scanning fee.
2. Trinfinity8 – Back again by popular demand! Trinfinity8™ represents a new quantum shift in the emerging science of algorithmic rejuvenation technology. This unique software program was developed as a direct result of information brought back from a near death experience by Dr. Kathy Forti. Trinfinity8 is the first system of its kind to use a personal computer to deliver non-invasive rejuvenation programs based on mathematical codes, vibrational energies, and fractal formulations that are in harmony with core energetics that encompass all of nature. We will have two Trinfinity8′s on site to allow people a personally customized FREE 15 minute session. There will be a sign-up and first-come, first-served – there was a huge line last year and we had to turn people away.
3. Quantum-Infused Oil – Life Source has created the next generation of real quantum technology Read More→
Divorce can be associated with feelings of loss, anger, resentment, guilt, shame, anxiety, loneliness and sense of abandonment – for both parents and children. Holidays can enhance those feelings when the usual holiday traditions are split between two households and time with the children is divided between co-parents in two separate homes. Remaining centered in your heart and compassionate mindful presence is the key to thriving over the holidays rather than merely surviving.
The Holidays After Divorce:
5 Things to Do:
1. Be sensitive to the fact that your children are looking forward to the holidays with you and also with your ex. Do not take it personally that children like to spend time with both parents. Create new or continue old holiday traditions to make your children feel good about the holidays.
2. Do coordinate big gifts with your ex. There is nothing like the letdown of both of you getting your child the same big gift. It is a letdown for both the parent and the child and is completely avoidable by communication between both parents.
3. Do send a card to your ex’s family if you are close to them. It is natural to still have feelings for them if you were close emotionally to them. However, do not say anything derisive or negative about your ex in the card.
4. Call a truce with your ex in the spirit of the holidays if you do not have mutually respectful relationship or still harbor animosity toward them. The holidays are a time to transform anger and to have goodwill to all men (and women)… even if that includes your ex.
5. Do take care of your self during the holidays- take time to de-stress in healthy ways (exercise, massage, good nutrition, refrain from over-indulging in food or alcohol). If the children are not with you over the holidays, then plan to do something that would be fun and nurturing rather than sitting at home and being miserable.
5 Things Not to Do:
1. Do not compete with your ex to out-do in gift-giving…. it only spoils the children and makes everyone feel uncomfortable (including the children).
2. Do not punish the children for having a good time with your ex or sharing stories of the good times they had at your ex’s home. Don’t you want your children to have good memories of their holidays? They have a good time with you too and are also sharing that with your ex. Your children need to feel happy and loved in both homes and not be made to feel guilty about it.
3. Do not send a mean card to either your ex or your ex’s family. If you can’t say something nice (especially during the holidays), then don’t send anything at all.
4. Do not tell your children how lonely you are when they are not with you over the holidays. It is NOT fair to make your children feel responsible for your feelings, thoughts or behaviors. We are very powerful in our choices, and we can either choose to be miserable or choose to be happy. After all, the adults were the ones who chose to get a divorce. The children just have to deal with the situation.
5. Do not over-extend your self over the holiday with attempts to be super-parent to outdo your ex (by volunteering in the school, with sports team, or community parties).
If you still find it hard to follow any or all of the above recommendations, then you should pick up a copy of our book “SHIFT: 12 Keys to Shift Your Life” to assist you in transforming your obstacles to getting back into your heart. Once you stop self-sabotaging through your anger, resentment, guilt, shame, fear of the unknown, sense of powerlessness & abandonment, you will be able to heal from disappointment or heartbreak and feel more joy in your life. Then you will be a powerful role model for your children as you choose to ‘stand in your Light’ rather than ‘dance in your shadows’.
Wishing you all a compassionate & stress-free holiday season!